Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible (Entourage) syncing problem

Hello! I have a problem with Entourage that I wonder if it may have been caused either by syncing or by using my iPhone to download mail. Here's what happened, in sequence. I have Entourage from Office 2004 (I know, a dinosaur, but I still like it). I have a fairly new iMac (from late 2009) and a spankin' new iPhone 4 (from 48 hours ago). I have done a couple of things with the iPhone that may have affected Entourage: I synced my Entourage with the iPhone (and with MobileMe) by syncing it with iCal. I also have downloaded my mail onto the iPhone twice. I got a couple of error messages when I then tried to download mail with Entourage on my Mac, saying that it couldn't connect with my mail server becasue my account was busy elsewhere, presumably with the iPhone. So I shut off the iPhone and tried to use Entourage, and it now has some awful fatal error happening. No matter what I try to do, Entourage gives me this message: *An unknown error (16008) has occurred.* It works for about 30 seconds, then gives me this error, over and over, and then freezes. Have to force quit it. I have tried a restart of the iMac, no improvement.

This Entourage error and total program failure has never happened before. Has anyone ever had a problem with Entourage after either syncing with their iPhone or using their iPhone to download mail? Could this have happened because I tried to download mail with Entourage while the iPhone was still connected (somehow) to my mail server? Any advice? Right now my Entourage is essentially dead.

Thank you, truly, for any help!

- BH

Message was edited by: Border Heeler

24" iMac from 2009; iPhone 4, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Entourage from Office 2004

Posted on Dec 18, 2010 4:12 PM

There are no replies.

Possible (Entourage) syncing problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.