Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is FaceTime over wifi or 4G?

I have a question about FaceTime. I am thinking about communicating with my sister through Facetime on an ipod and with friends through iPhone 4 but I am not sure if you must use the 3g connection, calling charges, or just wifi. I am in Taiwan and if I get the phone, my package will include unlimited 3g access, unlimited internet wifi access, but only a limited amount of calling per month. So what I am wondering is if I use facetime, is that using 3g connection or wifi or my 'call time.' Here it is separated in three different types of connections and charges.

iMac G5 17" 1.8Ghz (rev. A) bluetooth/airport 1.5GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Apple BT KeyB/Wired Mighty Mouse; iPod 40GB Click Wheel

Posted on Dec 19, 2010 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2010 6:41 AM

WiFi only.
3 replies

Is FaceTime over wifi or 4G?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.