Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

7.5.2 no longer routes internally when using external IP

I've been using my AirPort Extreme's external IP address (actually a name using DynDNS) for all my URLs when I want to access my local web server. That way I only need to have one URL regardless of whether I'm at home or away. Worked great.

Since updating the firmware, I can no longer have an internal device access the local web server via the external IP address. The AirPort is not routing the request to the internal IP:port when the request goes to the external IP.

I've confirmed that the port mapping in the AE are still present. Using Terminal, I can ping the external address successfully, but when I Telnet into port 80 to the external address — nothing.

So I rolled back the firmware to 7.4.2 and it's working once again.

I'll be opening a bug report to Apple unless anyone knows a quick fix.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.5), 4 GB RAM

Posted on Dec 19, 2010 6:53 AM

2 replies

Dec 19, 2010 9:28 AM in response to Tom Sheppard

Tom Sheppard wrote:
Since updating the firmware, I can no longer have an internal device access the local web server via the external IP address. The AirPort is not routing the request to the internal IP:port when the request goes to the external IP.

I've confirmed that the port mapping in the AE are still present.

This is just a guess, but you might try removing that port mapping, updating the base station, then adding the mapping and updating again.

7.5.2 no longer routes internally when using external IP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.