Skip navigation

Annoying Video Commercials

1526 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2013 7:57 AM by username999 RSS
Phil Hansen Level 1 Level 1 (85 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 19, 2010 6:37 AM
Guys & Girls,

Does anyone know how to avoid those annoying video commercials that appear on sites like CNN before you can view the content of the video you've selected.

Thanks.

Regards, Phil
Macintosh b'gosh
iMac i5/27/2.66GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.5), 8 Gb Ram, Internal 100Tb, External 250 Gb.
  • andyBall_uk Level 6 Level 6 (17,715 points)
    Dec 19, 2010 7:13 AM (in response to Phil Hansen)
    Hi Phil

I'll watch with interest, but be surprised if there was any easy way to manage that, just as with (say) the ad's on fancast.
  • ~Bee Level 7 Level 7 (30,610 points)
    Dec 27, 2010 4:42 PM (in response to Phil Hansen)
    Phil,
    Boy, if anyone has the answer, I really hope they post it in here.
    But, AFAIK, there isn't any way.

I think Andy gave you the correct answer.
    MBA, 11"; iPad: 15" MBP; 20"iMac Duo; and a few more., Mac OS X (10.6.5), LaCie Ext. HD
  • username999 Calculating status...
    Jul 3, 2013 7:57 AM (in response to Phil Hansen)

Okay, it's years later.... I can't believe there's no way to block these commercials! I seem to remember that a long time ago there was some feature on Safari that would AT LEAST allow you to block still pictures, but I can't even find that anymore. I have a wireless modem with very limited bandwidth, and these annoying commercials are really bugging me. Most of what I do on the internet does not require that I look at pictures, so I would like to be able to block both (still) pictures and (moving) commercials. I have Safari 5.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.