Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to customize a help menu?

I'd like to add some custom help items to an application's help menu. I have the custom help file (a reference for HTML entities). I just need to know how to add it to the help menu so that I can open it in a specific application.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 17" 3.06ghz, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Dec 19, 2010 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2010 10:37 AM

You cannot change an application's menus unless it's been designed to allow that by the developer. Now there are third-party utilities that can add a system-wide menubar item to which you can add documents and/or applications for quick launching. Such utilities include Classic Menu, Sunny Menu, XMenu, MoofMenu, Claw, etc. There also are utilities such as Typinator, TextExpander, Automaton, etc. that can be used to enter items into a document based on keyboard shortcuts or menu selection. Look for them and others at CNet Downloads or MacUpdate.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2010 10:37 AM in response to rebby575

You cannot change an application's menus unless it's been designed to allow that by the developer. Now there are third-party utilities that can add a system-wide menubar item to which you can add documents and/or applications for quick launching. Such utilities include Classic Menu, Sunny Menu, XMenu, MoofMenu, Claw, etc. There also are utilities such as Typinator, TextExpander, Automaton, etc. that can be used to enter items into a document based on keyboard shortcuts or menu selection. Look for them and others at CNet Downloads or MacUpdate.

How to customize a help menu?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.