Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turning unnamed faces off?

How do I turn off the annoying "unnamed" tags on all of the faces? If you can't set this preference, which I can't see a way you can, this needs to be added in a future patch. I only have images of my family and I know who they are. I don't need all of them tagged with their names. This might be an interesting feature for some, but is **** annoying for what I use iPhoto for (and probably what a lot of other people use it for as well). I have submitted a Feedback request (before someone suggests that). Just wondering if I am missing something.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Dec 19, 2010 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2010 11:08 PM

You're not missing anything.

Regards

TD
14 replies

Jan 5, 2011 8:27 PM in response to CharlesUK

This is the most annoying thing about this imac. I have another photo program (PhotoShop Elements) and want to use that and turn off iphoto all together. (Is that possible?) I cant believe Apple would actually think everyone would just love this feature so much that there is no option to turn it off. The faces starts to scan every time I open iphoto and YES I have already sent my feed back to Apple. This feature wrecks a perfectly good computer, and photo organizer, otherwise. I cant express how completely disappointed I am.

Feb 5, 2015 12:27 AM in response to doesntcare

It's still there which shows Apple hasn't changed a bit over the years, they don't care what their customers want becasue Apple knows best.

Apple has a product, that allows you to disable Faces, and Previews, and all kinds of customizations, but a bit more expensive than iPhoto. It is called Aperture. If you want a more elaborate photo management software, buy Apple's professional software.

Then you do not need an unsupported hack to disable Faces.

Turning unnamed faces off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.