Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tray option?

I was printing from the photo app on my iPad and I can only get it to print from the photo tray and not the main 8x11 tray. Is there an option to choose the tray? Thank you in advance.

Btw I have the main tray on the printer set as the 8x11 tray and the printer is an HP Photosmart B210 series.

N/a, Windows 7

Posted on Dec 20, 2010 2:12 PM

3 replies

Dec 20, 2010 2:50 PM in response to Descent88

Unfortunately, the Photos app tells the printer to choose the Photo tray. There are some apps that allow you to choose the main tray, but at the moment, Photos is not one of them. [HP iPrint Photo|http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hp-iprint-photo-3-0/id299531647?mt=8] is one option, but that doesn't use AirPrint. It will however work just fine with your Printer and let you choose the paper tray.

Just trying to help.

Andrew

Feb 6, 2014 5:28 AM in response to Descent88

May not apply directly to what you're doing but I had a similar problem and here's the solution I figured out, at least for an HP LaserJet 2025. I am using OS X and iOS 7.

In the Printer Setup settings an option exists to go show printer "Webpage" for settings and monitoring statistics. In the Paper Handling option of the Settings tab you see a set of options for "Paper Out Handling." One option is wait for tray to be loaded, and the other is specifiy time and option. This allows you to set how many seconds it will wait if the queued paper tray is empty before taking the next action. In my case the two options for next action are Cancel and Override. Cancel will stop the print job (and in iOS using AirPrint you get no feedback other than walking to the printer to find no print job went through).

However, Override is where the solution begins. It will direct the printer to use the next tray that has paper in it.

Tray option?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.