Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

White lines on edge of photos

Having bought 3 photo books, and been very pleased with the quality of the products, I was most disappointed that a recent purchase was faulty. Throughout the book, photos, which should be flush with the edges of the paper, were presented with a thin white line down the edge. I contacted Apple on the web forum feedback page, but not heard back from them as yet. A Christmas present spoilt by Apple.

iMAC, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Dec 21, 2010 12:49 PM

9 replies

Dec 31, 2010 1:15 PM in response to LarryHN

Unfortunately, previewing the pdf does not guarantee how the finished product will look. In reference to my original email (i.e., white lines), the pdf showed no white lines and the second book, now received, is perfectly presented. Thus, this could only have been a problem at the printing end and not in the uploading.

Dec 31, 2010 3:08 PM in response to Dr Law

And if it DOES NOT then Apple fixes it - I certainly did not mean to imply that no printing errors ever occur - however there is NO way to predict errors or protect against them except to deal with a great vendor - IF the preview is WRONG then you can count on the book being wrong - if it is correct then you can count on having a correct book even if it is a reprint

LN

Jan 1, 2011 1:01 PM in response to LarryHN

I understand what you are saying but I'm still puzzled by these white lines. I choose Preview Book and wait for the book to assemble. Once it does, I have white lines on the outer edges of some of my photos while some of my photos are fine. As a test, I tried the following: Move a photo within the picture box, make the photo larger within the picture box and previewed the book again - still white lines. Then I removed a couple of photos and added them back and previewed the book again - still white lines. I'm using the Picture Book theme in iPhoto 11.

Has anyone found a way to get rid of white lined edges?

Brian

White lines on edge of photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.