4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2013 12:59 PM by Kirby Krieger
amoppert Level 1 (0 points)
This is very frustrating. Pay hundreds for a pro program and it won't perform a task that iPhoto does all day. I highlight a group of photos and try to rotate either using the menu or the tool bar and it rotates one picture (the last). Just unacceptable.

Any help would be appreciated.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.5), aperture 3.1.1
  • Kirby Krieger Level 6 (12,510 points)
    amoppert wrote:
    This is very frustrating. Pay hundreds for a pro program and it won't perform a task that iPhoto does all day. I highlight a group of photos and try to rotate either using the menu or the tool bar and it rotates one picture (the last). Just unacceptable.

*Any help would be appreciated.* {Emphasis added}

Any help?

Print this and paste it as frontlets before your eyes:
    +When software doesn't perform the way I expect, the most likely cause is user error+
    +When I ask a question, I will not complain, or whine, or disparage -- I will ask as simply as possible that I might be given an answer+

I apologize for calling you out, amoppert, but your strident, ill-claimed righteousness is both heard too often and has no place.

You likely have turned on "Primary only". Information about this useful tool is found in the Help file which comes with Aperture and also provided on-line:
    http://documentation.apple.com/en/aperture/usermanual/index.html#chapter=2%26sec tion=4%26tasks=true

It is possible there is some other reason you cannot rotate all currently selected images. I can assure you it works.

You are welcome.
  • mdallie Level 1 (0 points)
    Thanks, Kirby. This was driving me crazy and I was all over the documentation but didn't find anything. Hooray!!
  • barry weber Level 2 (165 points)

Thank you so much! I couldn't understand why my QuadCore with Aperture would only let me rotate, duplicate, or paste onto one photo at a time. I had never noticed this primary button. Thanks again for helping by answering mdallie's question!

• Kirby Krieger Level 6 (12,510 points)

Hi Barry,

This comes up all the time.  Take the time to read through Léonie's excellent User Tip.

--Kirby.