Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto uploader to facebook: HELP please: I used Last Import folder

Any suggestions please:

I had never uploaded pics to facebook before, but just downloaded a couple of great videos from my iPhone4 as well as a swag of photos. I wanted to share the two videos of my granddaughter, but nothing else.

As soon as the images had synched from my iPhone to my MacBook Pro, I clicked on the Facebook share icon and followed the incredibly simple instructions (including allowing access to everything) by iphoto uploader. It all seemed really easy.

However, it uploaded ALL the images in my Last Import folder! I then went to Facebook and deleted all the photos I had not wanted to share.

Now I realise from reading the forums and googling that every time I make changes to the album (ie Last Import) it will automatically upload them to Facebook! I DO NOT WANT THIS.

I have searched everywhere in iPhoto preferences etc but can not see where to change that setting so that it does not automatically use this album every time I load new photos.

If I could go back 10 minutes I would NEVER have chosen this option. How do I turn this off?

Thanks for any assistance.

PowerBook G4, iPhone G3, iMac, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, 16Gb iPod, Mac OS X (10.4.10), using iPhoto 09 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 21, 2010 2:13 PM

2 replies

Dec 22, 2010 3:50 AM in response to Suzanne Butz

In iPhoto you will see a section in the list on the left called Web.
In the Web section (click on the triangle to open and close the section), you will see a Facebook icon.
Click on the Facebook icon and you will be presented with a screen showing the albums you have published to Facebook. Select the Album that you don't want to be published to Facebook, in your case it will be called 'Last Import', then right click on the album and chose delete. You will then be asked if you want to delete the album and the content from facebook, click Delete. This will not remove the photos from your library it will only remove the Last Import album from being published to facebook.

Dec 22, 2010 4:38 AM in response to Ian Parkinson

Hi Ian,
Thanks for your response.

I am guessing I am running a different version of iPhoto to you: I have iPhoto 09 Vsn 8.1.2 (424) which appears a little different, although I think I see what you are suggesting.

On the left, below my albums, I actually have a Facebook heading (which I had not realised was there previously). However, I have now changed my Facebook password (so that it would not keep updating from my Last Import folder) and now when I ControlClick on the 'Last Import' album, it simply keeps boinking at me that it can't publish to Facebook because the password is changed. I have changed the name of the album, at least, so thanks for that. However, I still don't know how to get it to recognise the new password now... oh dear... it's too clever for me lol It keeps asking me to check my password and login details. I am guessing it means on Facebook? Is there a place that iPhoto stores Facebook info (ie, login details)?

Thanks for your help.
Suzanne

iphoto uploader to facebook: HELP please: I used Last Import folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.