4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2012 3:10 AM by Quentin Hall
shak jr Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
I recently installed ILife'11 and now when I try to launch iPhoto, I get an error message saying "in order to open iPhoto, you need to update to the latest version"

Has anyone else seen this? Know of a fix?

Thanks,

Shak Jr.

Mac Book Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.5)
  • Eric_Phillips1 Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)
    Is it saying you library needs to be updated or the program needs updating. There is a 9.1.1 version of iPhoto now. If it is saying the library needs updating just let it do its thing and all should be good. Always remember to back up first.
  • Terence Devlin Level 10 Level 10 (128,895 points)
    Run Software Update to get the latest version.

Regards

TD
  • gmdrun95 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Running an update did not work for me at all.  The only thing that helped was following another tip I found on in discussion on this site.  It advised to press and hold the alt option key while trying to open Iphoto, when it brought up the window you could create a new library, it suggested calling it nosave (since you will delete it later).  Once you have done this you close out of Iphoto and then reopen.  I then went to I believe import library and was able to find my again to make it default.  Once you have done this it becomes your library again and you can delete the temporary "nosave" library.  Any way this post is somewhere on here, at the time I was not signed in or created a username yet so I didn't save.  Hope this helps....this was the only way I could get back into Iphone.  Downloading updates did not work for me.  I'm on a MacBook Pro Spring Early 2011.   

• Quentin Hall Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

I had this problem on a 10.6.8 iMac (Core 2 Duo) telling me that I "Should update".   "Apple Updates" found nothing to update and holding down the OPTION still brought up the same message about updating.

So I worked out it was iPhoto 9.0 and so I went to    support.apple.com/downloads  and downloaded iPhoto update 9.1  -  I know there are later versions out there but this at least got the iPhoto to open again.

Weird.

17th July 2012.