Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Double Purchase

Hello,

iTunes made a double purchase of a TV episode. How do I get my money back for one of the episodes?

I decided to try out the Movies and TV Shows section of iTunes and see how friendly the purchasing/viewing process is. I decided to try purchasing an episode of Fringe (I find the good doctor amusing), and upon trying to use PayPal to make the purchase, I was sent in an unbreakable loop of iTunes sending me to PayPal to approve iTunes, and then PayPal linking me back to iTunes to finish the purchase, which is when iTunes proceeded to start the approval process with PayPal all over again.
After a while, I decided to give iTunes the benefit of the doubt and try another approach and pay directly with my credit card. Upon trying to buy the TV episode, I was asked to verify my account by re-entering the credit card info. I was re-asked to do this every time I tried to purchase the TV episode.
At this point I was done and decided to do something else. Upon closing the iTunes application that happened to be running on another computer in the house, suddenly the iTunes on this computer showed multiple purchases of the TV episode. I was not impressed.

Please help me to get my money back. This is very uncool if I have to pay for the same thing twice.

Beige G3 tower with G4 processor, Mac OS X (10.3.x), Powered by Wild Nacatls

Posted on Dec 22, 2010 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2010 8:29 AM

in iTunes, access your *purchase history* via your account in the iTunes store ...

User uploaded file

... and make sure you've been charged twice. if so, find the file in question, and click on the *report a problem button*. report the problem. more info in [ this|http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1933] support article.

clicking here should take you directly to your iTunes store log-in window.

J GG

User uploaded file
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2010 8:29 AM in response to GeoMoon5

in iTunes, access your *purchase history* via your account in the iTunes store ...

User uploaded file

... and make sure you've been charged twice. if so, find the file in question, and click on the *report a problem button*. report the problem. more info in [ this|http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1933] support article.

clicking here should take you directly to your iTunes store log-in window.

J GG

User uploaded file

Dec 23, 2010 3:31 PM in response to Jolly Giant

That worked well!

I accessed the purchase history like you suggested, and only one charge for the TV episode shows up. That's a relief. It looks like the double purchase didn't cause a double charge. In spite of not being double charged, it's nice to know there was a solution in place had I actually been double charged.

P.S. The picture was also helpful. Thanks for the attention to detail.
Thanks again!

iTunes Double Purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.