Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

duplicate folders created

I am a new Aperture 3 user and after doing the Apple Pro Training set aperture as my default program for new photo's. Each time I import a new set of photo's a duplicate folder is created in my documents. (I assume these are duplicates since I import into my aperture library). Can these folders be removed?

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Dec 23, 2010 9:01 AM

3 replies

Dec 23, 2010 5:37 PM in response to 1stresponder

1stresponder wrote:
I am a new Aperture 3 user and after doing the Apple Pro Training set aperture as my default program for new photo's. Each time I import a new set of photo's a duplicate folder is created in my documents. (I assume these are duplicates since I import into my aperture library). Can these folders be removed?

In the Aperture Pro Training book in the lessons on import they have you create a backup of your images on import (pg 183). The lesson has you backup your images to the Documents folder. I'm betting you still have that turned on.

If you don't want the backups you can delete them but making a backup on import is a great feature.

duplicate folders created

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.