Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 4g internet conection works on and off

I got my new touch just a while ago after my classic died, it worked great. Then out of the blue the internet performes horribly. 99% of the time now I get the error that I cant connect to the itunes store or appstore when I open it. If I can get it to open and download something; it fails instantly saying cannot connect. In safari the internet is meh, sometimes it wont open certain pages but does a lot better than the apple store. My email works fine. When Im one facebook however if I try to view lots of images after the first few it will say no internet connection, my newsfeed seems to work okay though. My other apps that use internet are also kind of glitchy but some work fine while others dont work at all. I have no idea what is wrong. I tried a restore and the ios upgrade and a bunch of other stuff. It is not jailbroken if you are wondering. I am also having more app crashes now and i have light leakage in the right bottom corner. Anybody know whats going on?

Ipod touch 4g, iOS 4

Posted on Dec 23, 2010 4:52 PM

5 replies

Dec 24, 2010 7:27 AM in response to Liquid Ice

I would start with a simple reboot of your router. Just unplug from its power source for 30 seconds or so. When it has completely restarted, try things again.

If you are having app crashes then you need to either reset or restore your touch. I would start with reset (you can do this while your router is rebooting) by holding down the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons together for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo. Let go at that point. If you still have problems, do a full restore via iTunes.

Jan 4, 2011 7:58 PM in response to luvlabs

Thats exactly what I thought it was too at first, a router restart didnt solve anything but by doing a soft reset or retry after about a minute it'll sometimes work. I even managed to install two apps. I tried a restore but that didnt do anything, could it be my ipod backup is corupt? I always resync it after I restore. My only other guesses is that there is something wrong with iOS 4. I might downgrade back to 4.1 and see if that fixes anything.

iPod Touch 4g internet conection works on and off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.