Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad time set

IPad has a manual time set in settings, but my pad has gained time.

Does iPad not sync with the time in my Mac or Apple server to have the accurate time setting? There is nothing in the iPad manual except how to set time manually, 12/24 time, and time zone.

If there is not a time sync, seems a liitle silly to ask the time zone if setting the time manually.

G4 1.8 Ghz dual Quicksilver/wifi iPad, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 1.12 GB ram, 1.33 TB storage on 2 internal, 2 extenal firewire, iPad

Posted on Dec 23, 2010 7:23 PM

12 replies

Feb 1, 2011 9:47 AM in response to JimN

Should be SOP? Then make your feelings known via the iPad Feedback Form ( http://apple.com/feedback/ipad.html )

If you have a 3G unit, just turn cellular ON for a moment. Once you see the bars appear you'll also see your time sync, and it will stay sync'ed as long as you have it on. Don't need a plan in place for this, just need to be able to see a cell tower.

Once it's off, you're back to wifi and the built-in timer, which isn't that good but, also, doesn't seem to be uniformly bad, or bad to the exact same degree, for all people.

Jul 27, 2011 9:39 AM in response to Derryl S

This absolutely floored me! I just discovered this today when my iPod Touch and iPad went off for the same alarm more than a minute apart! I changed the iPad's time manually to match the IPT, but that's also wi-fi, so they're both probably off now! No wonder I've been outside waiting to watch the International Space Station go over and it hasn't appeared at the right time! Those astro apps need a synching time option (some may have it, in fact)--or, provide an alert to users.

Of course, what's really needed is for the iOS to fetch the time automatically on all I-devices!

By the way, ISS viewing is spectacular. It's done with the naked eye, and it is just amazing to watch this very bright "star" gracefully move across the sky. Well worth doing--the ISS Visibility app is highly recommended. Also, see heavens-above.com where you can also enter your location and get a list of upcoming passages and where in the sky the ISS will be.

Oct 30, 2011 6:33 AM in response to Derryl S

I have the iPad I wi-fi. I also live in mexico. When not in "Set Automatically" mode the timezone is set to Mexico City, as it should be for my region. When I change the automatic mode to "on", the time zone changes to Chicago and, of course, with daylight savings time here in Mexico (as of today), I'm an hour off. (The US changed when daylight savings time occurs for them back in 2005)

Feb 19, 2013 5:36 AM in response to Derryl S

Correct time for iPad

First go to Settings / General / Date & Time

If you live in the same time zone as Apple Headquarters you are in great shape. Just set the automatic time set on. If not get the EMERALD TIME APP in the APP store. This will tell you with high accuracy how far off your iPad is.

Now tern off the automatic time in settings and enter your city or time zone. Then enter the WRONG time (by one or two minutes). Then turn the automatic time set back on. If you are online your iPad will connect to Apple and set its internal clock. Now turn the automatic time off again and select your previously entered city.

Finally, open the Emerald Time App again and confirm that your time is correct. Repeat this procedure as often as your needs require. As of this moment Emerald Time tells me that I am 0.163 seconds off. Dig it!

Kenji

IPad time set

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.