Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Guest Network Not Allowing Access if not on Access Control List in 7.5.2

Ever since I've upgraded to 7.5.2, my Time Capsule no longers allows guests who aren't on my Access Control List to connect to my Guest Network unless they're added to the list. Guests not on the list were able to connect to the Guest Network without any problems in the previous firmware but not in the latest one. I don't want to keep adding guests to my Access Control List everytime they visit and need to use the Internet. That's what the Guest Network is for.

Any solutions? Thanks!

iMac (Early 2009) 3.06GHz, 13-inch MacBook Pro 2.53GHz, 32GB iPhone 4, 32GB iPad, Mac OS X (10.6.5), Time Capsule, AirPort Express (802.11n)

Posted on Dec 24, 2010 12:57 PM

6 replies

Jan 25, 2011 9:01 PM in response to Tenacious MC

Shoot, I was coming here to ask this exact question. I upgraded to the new firmware, and it hosed my guest network. The whole reason I have a guest network (with password) is so that I can give that network to guests of myself or my roommates, without giving them the password that lets them access my intranet and the TC disk drive. With the new firmware, I have to also add them to the access control list, which is a pain. You'd think there would be some kind of checkbox on the Access Control pane to say whether you want the controls to apply to the guest network or not... 😟

Jan 28, 2011 5:05 PM in response to Auros

I'm seeing the same behavior with my Time Capsule. I just spent quite a while on the phone with Apple Tech Support (including being handed over to a senior support person) and we could not get the guest network working for devices not on the access control list. I ended up deciding to revert to 7.4.2 (which works fine) until they fix this problem.

Guest Network Not Allowing Access if not on Access Control List in 7.5.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.