Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 3gs hard to control when on the charger (plugged in)

I'm not sure how long this has been going on (perhaps it's been going on the whole time) but when my wife's iPhone 3gs is on the charger, it gets really hard to control and do things on. I know one of the chargers is aftermarket and I bought off of ebay so I'm not sure if that could be the problem. The phone was jailbroken in August 2010 - is this a jailbreak issue?

iPhone 3gs, iOS 4, Jailbroken (not sure what version of iOS 4 - jailbreak was done in August 2010)

Posted on Dec 24, 2010 10:30 PM

5 replies

Feb 5, 2011 6:43 PM in response to srizvi1

Well wat is the deal? Ok dont jump on the Jailbreaking.

Get a griffin charger. As far as cords, chargers, earbuds for ipod- apple has always been pretty cheap. My cord is falling apart as we speak. G R I F F I N. Never had a problem with it. Some Ipod Docks will do that too. I have one from FYI that would make my ipod stick in Dock mode, so its most likely an apple thing. This is an allround Ipod problem. Oh, and sync with itunes. If you dont do that once in a blue moon, they start messing up. Probobly some kind of watchdog. Like the Warrenty Watchdog lol.

iPhone 3gs hard to control when on the charger (plugged in)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.