Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos app: Faces not in alphabetical order - how to fix?

I synched my iPhoto library to my iPad the other day and all was fine - all Faces showed up on the Faces tab on the iPad in alphabetical order (by first name), same as in iPhoto 11 on my Mac.

Yesterday, I went through and identified about 1,000 more photos in iPhoto 11. Just synced to my iPad and while the deletions and updates happened ... the Faces collections are no longer in order on the iPad!

Instead of alphabetical by first name on the ipad, I have two alphabetical sequences: the iPad view begins with names starting with "Rich" through "Warren" and then has the names "Adrienne" through "Reva".

Seems like some kind of corruption? Anyone else see this? (I searched for "faces" in this forum and didn't find anything.)

I'm thinking that I should temporarily change my iTunes sync settings to NOT sync the iPhoto library to clear off the iPad and then turn sync on again?

Thanks,
Karl

8 core 2.8 Mac Pro Early 2008, Mac OS X (10.6.5), iPad 64g wifi/3g IOS 4.2

Posted on Dec 25, 2010 10:35 AM

4 replies

Apr 27, 2011 12:58 PM in response to HerrDrKarl

Count yourself lucky. I haven't been able to get Photos to sort Faces properly even after turning off photo sync, verifying all photos were deleted from the iPad, and resyncing all 3300+ photos. iPad starts with "Chris," runs up to "Yasmin," then has "Adrianna" through a different "Chris" to finish things off. This is with all the latest updates, iTunes and iPhoto on the Mac side, and iOS 4.3.2 on the iPad.

I suppose it's harmless enough, but it is stupid and will look very foolish to anyone I show photos to. Sorting is pretty fundamental, and a gaffe like this does not inspire confidence.

Dave

Aug 24, 2011 7:53 AM in response to HerrDrKarl

Karl, has your issue ever come back? I have had the same issue for months now, on both my iPad 2 and iPhone 4, and sometimes its A-Z but mostly its not. Seems to start at "Debbie" alot and then go Z to back to A downward. Currently its now starting with U's for me, very odd!! I will try your remendy and see if it stops it for me. thanks

Photos app: Faces not in alphabetical order - how to fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.