Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie HD and Sony DCR-TRV240

I cannot get iMovie or FCP HD to recognize this camera. Is anyone else having the same issues and found a solution? It recognizes my iSight camera just fine. Please Help!

12 Powerbook 867, Mac OS X (10.4)

Posted on Dec 14, 2005 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2005 12:07 AM

What kind of setup are you using? I have a Sony TRV-240 and connect using a firewire (I-link port as Sony calls it), and everything works fine. Are you trying to use the USB? It *****. Firewire is the only choice. Both my Mac Mini, iBook and Dual G5 all instantly recognize the cam.

What OS are you using? Let me know and I will try and offer help
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2005 12:07 AM in response to Jeffrey Bond

What kind of setup are you using? I have a Sony TRV-240 and connect using a firewire (I-link port as Sony calls it), and everything works fine. Are you trying to use the USB? It *****. Firewire is the only choice. Both my Mac Mini, iBook and Dual G5 all instantly recognize the cam.

What OS are you using? Let me know and I will try and offer help

Dec 18, 2005 11:06 AM in response to Cristobal

I have a Fisher/Sanyo USB camcorder (which I purchased at an Apple store 1 year ago) and have not had any problems uploading my videos to iMovie until recently when I upgraded my iLife software.

I understand there is a a progarm in the "utiltiies" folder which you have to adjust "age capture" and have not gotten around to do yet because my kids have borrowed my camera today.

Apple phone support is useless re this. They also think you can't use USB with IMovie.

Dec 18, 2005 12:33 PM in response to Jeffrey Bond

On your Sony TRV240, switch the camera into VCR mode, hit the menu button. In the VCR menu, with the "V" in the menu, scroll down to the A/V->DV OUT item, and make sure "on" is selected. Then go back to main menu, go down to the SETUP MENU, and ensure that USB Stream is "off".

Hope this helps. This is the settings I use when hooking up to my iBook Firewire.

Dec 21, 2005 6:56 AM in response to iBook Calgary

I have tried all of these things and nothing has helped. Soneone stole the camera the other night while I was filming my son's christmas concert. Thanks for all your responses. Has anyone tried to DCR-TRV280? Since my 240 was stolen, I was looking to upgrade to 280. I'm still not ready to go to miniDV yet because i have all these Digital 8 Tapes I havent captured yet.

iMovie HD and Sony DCR-TRV240

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.