Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Converting FLAC to AAC

Hi.

What's the easiest/quickest way to convert FLAC to AAC without quality loss?

Any suggestions. I have Audacity but it's a bit cumbersome.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Dec 25, 2010 6:13 PM

12 replies

Dec 26, 2010 8:57 AM in response to downunderstatement

downunderstatement wrote:
Hi.

What's the easiest/quickest way to convert FLAC to AAC without quality loss?

When you do that conversion, you will get quality loss. To minimize the loss, set your AAC bitrate to 320.

I have Audacity but it's a bit cumbersome.

Audacity is a full audio editor, and is overkill for a simple format conversion. As Giant suggests, XLD or Max would do the trick.

Nov 25, 2014 6:44 PM in response to downunderstatement

Many people said iTunes can do this job. That's a tale of a tub. iTunes does not support FLAC as the input format. How can iTunes convert FLAC to AAC?

From Macrumors, I found out an excellent solution of converting FLAC to AAC:

1. The solution will help you convert FLAC to AAC, MP3, WAV, M4A, ALAC, WMA, CAF, DTS, AIFF, etc;

2. It also allows you to optimize the output file;

3. If you want to extract audio file from videos and movies, it also can give you a hand.

May 24, 2015 9:03 PM in response to downunderstatement

I use Audacity. For many reasons. It's free, easy and very professional.

If you want, you can edit the sound, apply effects like normalize, amplify, add echo, flanger, and many others to enjoy.

But if you only wants to convert, you open the file and select the option "export" and choose AAC, with your preferred quality.

You can do the process also using multiple files if you want.

Converting FLAC to AAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.