Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Webcams with Macbook and latest OS X

hey guys and gals!

i got a slight problem - webcams. i need a decent quality webcam to use with Ustream and Youtube. But webcams and OS X dont seem to mix all that well. UVC cams work but I'm having hard time to understand the features UVC offers. There are loads of webcams on different price ranges.

For example, I tested out a logitech C510 with my Macbook and it did rather well (after getting the flash player video access to work - had to install 64-bit version of flash player).

But i'm not sure if Macbook actually can squeeze 720p HD out of it?? Maybe I'd be fine with a cheaper cam...

I need crisp video images, audio is coming from a separate audio unit. Oh, and the wider the lens, the better.

Can anyone help me out and share some thoughts?

macbook, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Dec 27, 2010 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2010 12:46 PM

If your MacBook has Firewire, then your best bet is to find a FW DV Camcorder and plug it in directly to your MacBook. Find one with audio inputs and you have yourself a great webcam and the highest Quality video. Match up a nice desktop tripod to top it off.

Adam
4 replies

Webcams with Macbook and latest OS X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.