Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How To Cancel Migration Assistant

I have an early Intel 17" iMac with OSX 10.4 and I just purchased a new 21.5" iMac with OSX 10.6. Both computers were connected to my network using CAT5 cables (not wirelessly).

About 90 percent of the way through the migration, something went wrong. I got a message the connection was lost to the old iMac. After clicking "Continue" a few times, I finally clicked "Cancel." That was about an hour ago and the new iMac is still trying to cancel the migration. It says "Less than a minute remaining" and has said that since it started canceling.

I forced the new iMac to shut down and restarted it. Guess what? I'm right back at the same place - the computer is trying to cancel the migration.

WHAT CAN I DO?

iMac 21.5" Intel i3, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Dec 28, 2010 9:17 PM

3 replies

Dec 28, 2010 9:51 PM in response to stevelockridge

Well I'm no expert ; but I guess your options would be wait it out, some times canceling some thing takes longer then a few minutes. I know when I run migration assistant with time machine it displays "less then a minute remaining" for much longer then a minute. I've had it take hours.

or boot to the install disk, erase the hard drive, and then install the os. Witch would let you run the migration assistant again, but after words you would want to install ilife.

or you could contact apple tech support. http://www.apple.com/support/contact/ see what they say.

How To Cancel Migration Assistant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.