Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Paste photo into photo through iPhoto

Is it possible to paste or somehow get a photo on top of another photo through iPhoto? I have a photo on the iPhoto program and I would like to put a different photo on top of it (like copy and paste) but copying and pasting did nt work. Is there any way I can do this? or Is there a different program I should use? Thanks.

MacBook Pro (10.6.5), Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Dec 29, 2010 10:25 AM

3 replies

Dec 29, 2010 4:59 PM in response to atopper

Preview is quite a powerful little photo editor in its on right.

It will create instant (multiple) +alpha channels+ cutting out backgrounds (or manually lasso a image and cut out background.) Save, select all and copy and paste onto a new photo, re-size and position the pasted image. PNG format works well for this.

Without going into a tutorial you can reference these pages for some partial idea:

http://books.google.com/books?id=DnebYWwwoqQC&pg=PA390&lpg=PA390&dq=usingpreview+to+cut+paste+alpha+channelphotos&source=bl&ots=dQbWerekeZ&sig=3pgSnurGPegoRz3rNNW1fw9WV2k&hl=en&ei=RNUbTb7 GMImqsAO7w5GaDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CEcQ6AEwBw#v=onepage &q&f=false

Make sure the tool bar is open on your Preview image (pill button upper right) to be able to see all the tools, the select in particular for the drop down menu. You may have to drag the image larger to expand the tool bar across the top.

I will admit Preview lost some vital functions when it went from Leopard to Snow Leopard, a real disappointment.

Hope this helps.

Paste photo into photo through iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.