Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Batch Editing

Greetings,

I have a question about batch editing of photos that I can't seem to find an answer for either through extensive Googling, Aperture's help files or Apple's website. I hope you can help.

When I shoot RAW, I shoot hundred of photos a day. I would like to apply a few Quick Fix presets to them, but I cannot find a way to do this in a batch, it seems that Aperture will only allow me to add enhancements to photos one at a time.

In a browser mode, I've selected all the photos (Command-A) and clicked on the preset that I want, but only the first file in the group gets changed.

What am I doing wrong? Can I apply changes only to one photo at a time or am I missing something?

Thanks for your time.

Mac OS X (10.6.5), Mac Pro

Posted on Dec 29, 2010 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2010 12:20 PM

First, make sure you don't have "Primary Only" set to "On".

A good practice is to adjust one photo the way you want, then +Lift Adjustments+ (delete from the list any you don't want), select all the photos to which you want to apply the remaining adjustment(s), and +Stamp Adjustments+. I have assigned a keyboard shortcut to Lift Adjustments (iirc).

This will meet your need. There may be a quicker way to batch apply a preset -- I'm on the forum while I upgrade my vaults and can't check just now.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2010 12:20 PM in response to R. Yannetta

First, make sure you don't have "Primary Only" set to "On".

A good practice is to adjust one photo the way you want, then +Lift Adjustments+ (delete from the list any you don't want), select all the photos to which you want to apply the remaining adjustment(s), and +Stamp Adjustments+. I have assigned a keyboard shortcut to Lift Adjustments (iirc).

This will meet your need. There may be a quicker way to batch apply a preset -- I'm on the forum while I upgrade my vaults and can't check just now.

Dec 29, 2010 2:19 PM in response to R. Yannetta

The controls at left will only operate on one photo at a time. There's no way to change that.

You can apply presets to multiple photos at a time. But you must do it from the menu. Select Photos (in the menu bar) and "Apply Adjustment Preset" (or "Apply Adjustment") with multiple photos selected and it will apply the same adjustment to > 1 photo at a time (as long as "primary only" is not selected).

Note: This requires Aperture 3 or higher.

Batch Editing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.