Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to get past message about "Find my IPOD Touch" when ITUNES starts

When I connect my IPOD Touch to computer and Itunes opens, I get the screen shown below and unable to get past it. I can access all other stuff in Itunes. I am unable to sync by IPOD. Clickin on the supposed links in the message does nothing.
This is the screen I get:

Free Find My iPhone
Free Find My iPad
Free Find My iPod touch
Set up Find My iPhone for free so you can locate your device if you lose it, remotely lock the screen, or wipe its data. You can also find your iPad or iPod touch.Set up Find My iPad for free so you can locate your device if you lose it, remotely lock the screen, or wipe its data. You can also find your iPhone or iPod touch.Set up Find My iPod touch for free so you can locate your device if you lose it, remotely lock the screen, or wipe its data. You can also find your iPhone or iPad. Learn More
Not Now
Set up Find My iPhone
Set up Find My iPad
Set up Find My iPod touch
Find My iPhone (or iPad or iPod touch) enables you to locate your iPad with Wi-Fi or iPod touch only when it is on and connected to a registered Wi-Fi network. Find My iPhone is not available in all countries.

HP, Windows Vista

Posted on Dec 29, 2010 6:53 PM

8 replies

Jan 1, 2011 7:50 PM in response to Katrina S.

I looked at the answer you gave the other person. My Itunes library had serveral apps, 500 songs, and about 100 video podcasts. So I exported the library and then did as you suggested by renaming the Itunes Library.itl to another name. The 1st try did not work, so I tried again and it worked the 2nd time. Since ITUNES saw a different library on my IPOD it asked to syn to the "new Library" in ITUNES that had no songs, etc. I said OK and then after the syn I imported the library I had just exported and re-syned my IPOD touch. I now have all my stuff back, and do not get that message and can do stuff with ITUNES on my IPOD. Thanks for answering my question and for your help.

Jan 7, 2011 3:13 PM in response to Chris CA

As I said on my first post, changing the iTunes Library name did not work. Restarted my PC, iTunes, my iPhone. Nothing worked.

Before going on, I put every thing back the way it was, and exported my library, just to be sure.

Then I tried and removed every iTunes Library file (iTunes Library.itl, iTunes Library Extras.itdb, iTunes Library Genius.itdb and iTunes Library.xml). Restarted and it worked. Then I imported my library, and went to my Mobile applications folder and re-added all apps to iTunes.

BUT the apps in my iPhone in iTunes apps window were greyed out. So I synced my apps. It said it would remove everything from the phone and replace it with the new apps, I confirmed, and it synced just fine. I lost no data, no saved games, no apps, no music, everything was just fine.

Hope it helps.

Cheers.

Unable to get past message about "Find my IPOD Touch" when ITUNES starts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.