Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can a blackberry torch usb charger be used to charge a 6th g nano?

i think i previously posted this question in the wrong area. my blackberry ac charger, which has a usb port, looks very much like the ones sold by apple. the only difference i can see between the one apple sells and my blackberry charger is that the blackberry puts out a little less "amps". both are reducing the electricity down to 5Volts..... can i use this charger w/o damaging my ipod battery? thnx

hp

Posted on Dec 29, 2010 8:57 PM

1 reply

Dec 30, 2010 9:20 AM in response to dmace1968

Yes it should work, I believe if the voltage or amperage is too low the iPod will not recognize it. But any USB based charger should charge any device that can charge by USB as long as it meets the 5 volt USB standard.

The only exception is the iPad which requires higher amperage to charge, although I believe they will still slow charge when off from the lower powered chargers. Even if using a higher amperage charger an iPod will only drawn the power it needs.

I now look for USB charging when shopping for my gadgets, it cuts down on the power adapters I need when traveling.

Be aware that cheaper USB chargers, usually found on EBay, may not meet the USB standards and may not charge and could damage the iPod. Stick to good name brand models.

Can a blackberry torch usb charger be used to charge a 6th g nano?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.