Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone had problems with volume button (6th gen)

Volume button ➖ appears to act as if stuck - not constantly but in last days more and more - even if I hold down + button (to increase the volume) the volume then instantly reduces (as if I am pressing the - button) ... or I can be listening to music and then volume suddenly reduces (nothing is touching the - volume button).
Any ideas?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Dec 30, 2010 2:52 AM

4 replies

Jul 31, 2011 6:46 PM in response to dinkator

My Nano 6th generation keeps turning the volume down as if the minus button is stuck. I think this has to do with how much I have been sweating onto it from running. I sprayed compressed air (can) into the jack hole and the USB hole for a good ten seconds each and it seems to have either blew away any crusted salt inside the machine or dried up any moisture I had in it. The volume is back to normal now! Wow, that was annoying.

Dec 26, 2013 7:35 PM in response to Snowmeister

This can happen to all of the buttons on this model. Theres is basically a pad on top of each of the clicky parts on the buttons on the inside of the ipod that WILL come off after being used alot, some genius design. When the pad comes off there will be a space between the button on the outside and the clicky part on the inside rendering the button useless. It costs 75$ to replace if it isnt under warrenty and the ipods you get back from the repair are refurbished, which will break even sooner. I've gone through four of the ipod nano 6 gen, i dont abuse it or drop it. Avoid this model and shoot for older ipods. Or simply dont shop at apple at all.

Anyone had problems with volume button (6th gen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.