Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

INCOMPLETE BOOK ERROR...HELP!

I've previewed the book, even made a pdf of the book (all 100 pages of it which is why I refuse to abandon the effort) and all looks great...except the iphoto won't let me buy the book due to this error message.

"Your book seems to have frames on one or more pages that do not contain photos. You must either change the layout of those pages or place photos in those frames before you can buy this book."

I'm sure it's operator error since I've never done this before but support (although they had great suggestions which I did to no avail) takes too long to get back to me (which now means I'm not going to get this book in time)...any suggestions? This book which took me days to complete is soon going to become a moot point. 😟

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8), iphoto 08 ver 7.1.5 (378)

Posted on Dec 30, 2010 2:41 PM

17 replies

Dec 31, 2010 8:17 PM in response to bettyrug

"Your book seems to have frames on one or more pages that do not contain photos. You must either change the layout of those pages or place photos in those frames before you can buy this book."

So far I have never seen a case where this message was "wrong" (nearly three years and hundreds of cases) - people have always found a missing photo - sometimes with great difficultly

LN

Jan 1, 2011 10:07 AM in response to bettyrug

Try the following: backup the library and delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your User/Library/Preferences folder.

NOTE: If you're moved your library from its default location in your Home/Pictures folder you will have to point iPhoto to its new location when you next open iPhoto by holding the the Option key. You'll also have to reset the iPhoto's various preferences.

Then launch iPhoto and try again.

Jan 3, 2011 11:07 PM in response to LarryHN

Had two appointments at the Apple Store and stumped all the guys at the genius bar.
Backed up my computer, then rebuilt my iphoto library and upgraded to 09 and still no go. Their conclusion - the file is corrupt and I'll need to rebuild the book. Not ideal in a 100 page book.

Also considering printing it thru another company where my pdf (which looks great btw) can be used for printing purposes. I've already spent waaaaay too much time on this, especially with no resolution in sight.

Any suggestions? Any one? Any one? Beuller? Beuller? 😉

Jan 4, 2011 9:30 AM in response to bettyrug

Let me suggest you create a new library just for the book. You can assemble the photos you want to use in the book in an album in your primary library and use iPhoto Library Manager to transfer them to the book library.

The book library will be small enough that you can easily and quickly back it up each time your use it. Then you can follow #9a - Archiving an iPhoto 7(08)/8(09)/9(11) Book for Editing and/or Ordering at a Later Date to archive the library to a disk (or other hard drive) for use at a later date if additional copies are needed.

Jan 17, 2011 12:22 PM in response to Old Toad

Hello Everyone : )

Just wanted to give you all a quick update. After 2 weeks of inquiries and messages boards and visits to the swell guys at the Genius Bar, it was decided that my file was "corrupt" and even though I was able to create a beautiful PDF of my iBook, Apple could not (would not?) use my pdf to create the iBook and after visiting the Genius Bar not once but twice, those finally said I had to just start over. Well, after spending weeks creating the 100 (yes 100!) page book and another 2 weeks trying to resolve my problem, I was now down to the wire with my wedding anniversary (the reason I made the book in the first place) only days away. Fortunately for me, in my desperate search to find a solution, I came across Shared Ink (sharedink.com) who were more than happy to take my pdf and create the book and within days I had a beautiful book in my hands! Just thought I'd pass their info on as they totally saved the day. 🙂

INCOMPLETE BOOK ERROR...HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.