Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change speed of Scrolling Text?

Hi
Can anyone please tell me if it is possible to change the speed of the scrolling text when you select "Far Far Away" title slide. I am able to change the length that the slide takes to progress to the next using clip adjustments but cannot seem to find an option to change the speed of the scrolling text. It goes so quick it is very difficult to read.

I am new to Imovie so any help would be appreciated
Many thanks
Max

Mac Book Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Dec 31, 2010 12:14 AM

9 replies

Dec 31, 2010 3:20 AM in response to Max1970

The trick is to extend the background clip to a longer duration, then adjust the scrolling title to the same length (this sometimes will occur automatically once the background is extended). Keep adjusting until you get the desired scrolling speed.

To lengthen the background, click on the small cogwheel icon, select Clip Adjustments then adjust the duration in the Inspector. Or if you have this option selected in Preferences (Double-click to edit), just double-click on the background clip to open the Inspector.

John

Dec 31, 2010 3:34 AM in response to John Cogdell

Forgot to mention - to extend the actual title, double-click on the title bar above the background clip. This will open the Inspector for the title text. Change the duration to match the background duration.

As I mentioned earlier, make sure you have "Double-click to edit" selected in iMovie's Preferences (menu item iMovie>Preferences) - this item will appear under the Browser tab. Another way is to click on the title bar then click on the Inspector icon (i surrounded by a black circle) in the middle bar that separates the Events and Projects windows.

PS This answer is probably more relevant to your question, having re-read what you posted!

John

Message was edited by: John Cogdell - added PS

May 9, 2011 2:21 PM in response to John Cogdell

It just took me some minutes to figure this way of making the titles run at a legible speed from another, archived, post.

You explained it clearly.

I double-clicked on the clip & changed the duration of the background clip. Then I double-clicked on the blue call out bar above the clip to change the duration of the title animation. I can now read the titles.

Dec 4, 2015 8:30 AM in response to John Cogdell

Maybe this is different in the current version of iMovie? Because I can't get any of this to work.

I have been reading posts like this for almost an hour trying to find a solution and I can't find anything anywhere. Why would they make this so hard to figure out. It's mind boggling. The words scroll by so fast you can't even read them.

Help please! 😢

Feb 28, 2016 10:30 PM in response to billfromcanton

Hi Bill. It is different in the current version. When you have the "Far Far Away" clip selected for editing (i.e., surrounded by a yellow box), look in the upper right hand corner of the window for an "i" in a circle. When you hover over it it says "Clip Information". Click that. That will reveal a "Duration" box, and you can change the time the clip rolls. Also, adding some blank lines at the bottom of your text can help make sure the text scrolls up off the screen before the transition to the next video clip.

Hope that helps.

Ken

Change speed of Scrolling Text?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.