Hi, I sort of had the same problem, I had the primary and alternative email address as they same address. Once I deleted the alternative address, then re veryified the primary adress- all on the my apple id web page, i was then able to log into itunes with no issues. hope that helps.
----- POSTING HERE AS WELL JUST TO COVER ALL MY BASES -----
Still doesn't work for me: Here's exactly what I did and exactly what I'm getting.
- Went into iTunes and changed my primary email address.
- Received and email and clicked "Verify Now"
- Received message saying "email address now verified"
- On phone went to settings -> store -> signout
- Tried to sign in with new credentials
- Received message "you have not verified your email address"
- I click "OK", sends me to a page that says "You have already verified email address"
- "Done" is the only option now, I click, I get sent to iTunes store
- Sign in window appears with old email address automatically filled in.
- Signing into iTunes on my mac, I get the same exact problem
- I sign in with my new address, I get the message "your email has not been verified"
- I click "ok" and then it says "your email address has already been verified"
APPLE FIX THIS.
I went to my e-mail, and I clicked on FAQ in the e-mail sent for verifying
Clicked on the first link
Review Apple ID frequently asked questions
Went down to the last question
Simply follow the link in the verification email that says "Verify Now." Sign in with your current Apple ID and password, then click Verify Address. You can also verify by signing in at My Apple ID.
and clicked on "My Apple ID"
Clicked on "Manage my account"
Sign in, then I noticed that I had my alternative the same as my primary, so I deleted my alternative,
then I try to sign again, they ask me to verify it, I verify, and I logged in!