Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared pics don't appear in sent folder

When I email pictures from Share in iPhoto 11 the email doesn't appear in the sent folder of mail. Is there a way to have the email appear in the sent folder?

27 inch iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.5), 12gigs of ram

Posted on Jan 1, 2011 6:53 AM

10 replies

Mar 16, 2011 11:33 AM in response to Edward Garcia

Not if you set iPhoto's preferences to sent it from iPhoto. Then it comes from your MMe basic email account which is Your MMe_AccountName@me.com. And there will be no record of it in your Sent box, MobileMe or Gmail.

If you set iPhoto's preferences to send if from Mail and you have Mail set to use your Gmail account then I think it should show up in Gmail's sent folder.

User uploaded file

Dec 11, 2013 6:25 AM in response to WdsGnome

If you have a recent version of iphoto you can find all the images you have shared in the Info pane.

Tht said, iPhoto is not an email client. It's a handy way to send photos to grandma, that's all. What you should do is either use the BCC option in the Preferences or use Mail. It has themes for sending too - and more of them. Put another way, if you want the features of a Mail application, use one.

Shared pics don't appear in sent folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.