Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import Pages to Keynote

Can I import a Pages document to Keynote?

I've prepared a report in Pages format. I'd like to be able to present it on a screen for discussion purposes. Is there any way to import that document to Keynote in a way tat I could create slides from the various pages?

Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Jan 1, 2011 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2011 5:59 AM

Unfortunately, no, at least, not in any elegant, or quick-and-easy way. (This is soooooo disappointing, because 25 years ago AppleWorks, also essentially an Apple product, was a truly integrated suite, in which this kind of thing was a snap.) The available options are all sloppy and tedious (cut-and-paste point by point is the most obvious) It's somewhat easier to do from WORD to PowerPoint (<http://mac2.microsoft.com/help/office/14/en-us/word/item/97009a21-e672-46cb-8 460-5c7d5e8e1f74>) - not exactly easy, but eas ier. To do this, within Pages export your Pages doc to WORD; then open the export with WORD, format it correctly, and follow the instructions on the MS site to send it to PP. Once you have that as you want it, open it in KN. Don't spend a lot of time with animations and builds in the PP doc, because they may not translate well into KN; do that stuff on the final KN.

Obviously, this is a case where I would without regret simply dispense with the Apple software altogether, and compose and present with the Microsoft apps.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2011 5:59 AM in response to wisconsinfisher

Unfortunately, no, at least, not in any elegant, or quick-and-easy way. (This is soooooo disappointing, because 25 years ago AppleWorks, also essentially an Apple product, was a truly integrated suite, in which this kind of thing was a snap.) The available options are all sloppy and tedious (cut-and-paste point by point is the most obvious) It's somewhat easier to do from WORD to PowerPoint (<http://mac2.microsoft.com/help/office/14/en-us/word/item/97009a21-e672-46cb-8 460-5c7d5e8e1f74>) - not exactly easy, but eas ier. To do this, within Pages export your Pages doc to WORD; then open the export with WORD, format it correctly, and follow the instructions on the MS site to send it to PP. Once you have that as you want it, open it in KN. Don't spend a lot of time with animations and builds in the PP doc, because they may not translate well into KN; do that stuff on the final KN.

Obviously, this is a case where I would without regret simply dispense with the Apple software altogether, and compose and present with the Microsoft apps.

Import Pages to Keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.