Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wake on Demand

Happy New Year to all. I have scoured the forums and can't find an answer to my issue. I have a new 27" i5 iMac and a new Airport Extreme base station. All settings are set as described in the Apple kb for Wake on Demand. I have even set the order of my networks for Airport first. No matter what I do, I cannot wake from sleep. I have plugged in an ethernet and that works. I have run Disk Utility and restarted numerous times. I am frustrated and would like to be able to use BTMM that I am paying for!

Any and all suggestions would be great. I am broadcasting the SSID. I have hesitated to set a static IP address on the iMac as you should not have to.

I was wondering how you can view the Bonjour Sleep Proxy to see if my computer is even registered. Although, it must be as I see it as a shared device even when asleep. Just can't wake it.

Thanks in advance.

Debbie

iMac Intel, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jan 1, 2011 12:27 PM

6 replies

Jan 1, 2011 2:47 PM in response to singerdf

Disconnect all peripherals except for the keyboard and Airport Extreme from your computer.
*From Software Update* - update your os to 10.6.5. You may also have updates for Airport Extreme.
Double check all of your Airport Extreme settings.
After the installations repair permissions and restart your computer.
If you are still having sleep issues, reset your SMC - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1543

Wake on Demand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.