6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2011 2:21 PM by CMCSK
singerdf Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Happy New Year to all. I have scoured the forums and can't find an answer to my issue. I have a new 27" i5 iMac and a new Airport Extreme base station. All settings are set as described in the Apple kb for Wake on Demand. I have even set the order of my networks for Airport first. No matter what I do, I cannot wake from sleep. I have plugged in an ethernet and that works. I have run Disk Utility and restarted numerous times. I am frustrated and would like to be able to use BTMM that I am paying for!

Any and all suggestions would be great. I am broadcasting the SSID. I have hesitated to set a static IP address on the iMac as you should not have to.

I was wondering how you can view the Bonjour Sleep Proxy to see if my computer is even registered. Although, it must be as I see it as a shared device even when asleep. Just can't wake it.

Thanks in advance.

Debbie

iMac Intel, Mac OS X (10.6.4)
  • CMCSK Level 6 Level 6 (10,630 points)
    I have a new 27" i5 iMac and a new Airport Extreme base station.

Take advantage of your free phone tech support from Apple.
  • singerdf Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    I tried that. They are closed for the holidays and I am not too patient!

Debbie
    Disconnect all peripherals except for the keyboard and Airport Extreme from your computer.
    *From Software Update* - update your os to 10.6.5. You may also have updates for Airport Extreme.
    Double check all of your Airport Extreme settings.
    After the installations repair permissions and restart your computer.
    If you are still having sleep issues, reset your SMC - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1543
    I apologize for the OS oversight. I am running 10.6.5 and my airport firmware is as current as it can be. I am wirelessly connected to my AEBS and have no peripherals other than my keyboard connected.

I will reset the SMC as suggested and post back. That is one I had forgotten about.

Thanks,

Debbie
    Thank you so much. I had totally forgotten about resetting the SMC as I have no trouble waking the computer when I am in front of it. Apple should add that to their KB on Wake on Demand. It is working like a charm.

Debbie
    You're welcome.

Happy New Year