Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Signature - missing plugin

Hi there,
I have several email addresses and each has its own signature, some with jpg/logo etc and others simply with text.

Since upgrading to Snow Leopard I seem to be losing my jpg images in the signature blocks.

For my main email, it appears as though it is there when I create a new message, but I have been told that nothing shows up for the receiver. (I am now wondering if that is simply cached).

I have just tried to edit one of my other signatures and notice that all my signatures now show "Missing Plugin" where the jpg should be.

I have tried re-dragging the jpg file to the signature, but still Missing Plug in.

Any suggestions please: I like to keep my signatures professional and a missing plug in does not help

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13inch, iPhone4, iMac, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, 16Gb iPod, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Jan 1, 2011 10:21 PM

4 replies

Jan 2, 2011 1:24 PM in response to Suzanne Butz

Thanks Andy. I just downloaded and installed the latest Java and I appear to have my JPGs back!

It does lead to a query though: I install all updates using the standard Apple/Software Updates. How come Java is not part of these updates if it is an integral part of Mail? It never occurred to me that I would have to randomly check whether Java had done some updates - particularly when I had no idea that Java was the missing plugin. I would have expected some automated update process to be triggered as it is imbedded within this Mac app, or at least to give me some information about which plugin is missing so that I can manually go and search. This seems very Un-Apple to me ;-(

Signature - missing plugin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.