Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numerous iPhoto Albums - duplicate photos

Over the past years I have organised my photos into separate iPhoto albums. However photos in one iPhoto album have been duplicated in another iPhoto album, even duplicated in several of the other albums. I have run Duplicate Annihilator but of course that is only picking up duplicates in any one album.
Any suggestions as to how to best search ALL the albums to detect duplicate photos?

G4, Mac OS X (10.5.2), running iPhoto 11

Posted on Jan 3, 2011 12:50 AM

8 replies

Jan 3, 2011 1:11 AM in response to Yer_Man

Thanks TD for that thought however I wish to only have one copy of the photo.
I don't know if the outcome I require is clear, but the work I do will be far more efficient if I don't have to keep opening an iPhoto album to know that the photo I've chosen is only in one of the albums. I am working with 10 albums of many thousands of photos in each.
I was hoping someone may have had success using some software that will achieve this.
Maz

Jan 3, 2011 1:44 AM in response to mmcgreal

I'm afraid there is no software that can parse duplicates across multiple Libraries.

Longwinded workaround: Merge the Libraries using iPhoto Library Manager ($20), a process that can be done avoiding duplicates. For any that geet by (because they have different titles etc) scan that library with something like Duplicate Annihilator, then separate them out again using iPhoto Library Manager

Regards

TD

Numerous iPhoto Albums - duplicate photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.