Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Camera Connection Kit not working

I have a new iPad and also the camera connection kit........ when I try to plug the camera directly into the iPad using the USB connection nothing happens. I am wondering if there is a newer camera kit or something.. the plugs do not go all of the way flush with the iPad the way the power cord does, could that be what is wrong?
I don't want to force it and it does seem connected but it still wont work. Any Ideas?

Mac Mini and iPad, Mac OS X (10.6.5), iPad iOS 4.2

Posted on Jan 3, 2011 8:11 AM

18 replies

Jan 3, 2011 2:57 PM in response to Maggie Vansickle

I have bought a camera connector to download the photos onto my iPad whist traveling, however it does not work! The message comes up saying that there is too much power for the iPad to recognize it.

A member of my family has also purchased the camera connector and it works on her iPad with the photos coming up on the screen immediately. No problem whatsoever.

I've tried taking the cover off for the socket to fit in correctly and it still fails to work.

Since updating my iPad I have encountered problems with my iPad and my only reasoning is because I have updated my iPad the camera connector is failing to work. My family member is yet to update her iPad and the camera connector works without any problem.

Any help for somewhat of a beginner would be appreciated!!!

Thank you!

Mar 28, 2012 8:37 PM in response to Maggie Vansickle

I have the new iPad also, white 64GIG 4G and my camera connection kit is not working either. The same camera connection kit purchased at my local Apple store worked fine with my iPad 2. I've tried everything (e.g. power-off, reset, restore, putting photos on the card then connecting, and reformatting the card using disk utility) and it even shows the camera connection kit under "general" "about" it just doesnt work as far as being recognized in the photo app. I guess this is where AppleCare phone support comes in handy. I hope this gets fixed because I've been shooting a lot of video and creating some pretty good home movies with my kids using iMovie. I would really like to get these large files transferred onto my Mac. The SD card I'm using is a PNY Professional SDHC 4GIG Class 10 just to provide all the variables I'm working with. What am I missing?

May 8, 2012 8:20 PM in response to Maggie Vansickle

I took my iPad 3rd Generation with me today to the Apple store. Guess what? Me and some Apple Store employees tried several different camera connection kits, with several different SD cards, on several new 3rd Generation iPads and none of them worked. They were stumped and stated they hadn't seen this problem before. And I deal with these particular Apple employees frequently and they know their products well. They requested I come back in about week while they figure out a solution. I'll post their response.

May 8, 2012 8:26 PM in response to Nielsmans

No not yet. I took my iPad 3rd Generation with me today to the Apple store. Guess what? Me and some Apple Store employees tried several different camera connection kits, with several different SD cards, on several new 3rd Generation iPads and none of them worked. They were stumped and stated they hadn't seen this problem before. And I deal with these particular Apple employees frequently and they know their products well. They requested I come back in about week while they figure out a solution. I'll post their response.

Yours working?

Ipad Camera Connection Kit not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.