Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Express keeps losing connection

Hi,

I've been running an airport express for a few months, streaming music to my HiFi. Recently, it has started dropping from visibility - I can't stream to it, even though the green light is solid on the device. When I run airport utility, it can't find the airport, no matter how many times I rescan. I need to hard reset and reconfigure the airport to get it to work - but then it disappears again after a short while (minutes). I've seen similar issues raised on forums, but no conclusive solution. I've already tried:

- setting static IP
- changing to WPA wireless security standard
- changing wireless channel

Nothing seems to work... help!

MacBook Pro 2008, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jan 3, 2011 1:44 PM

4 replies

Jan 22, 2011 11:00 AM in response to m4rtyboy

To back up nickwong8...

My Airport Express loses connection completely randomly. Cutting power shortly brings it back in itunes as speaker (until it disconnects again) but it does not show up in the configuration tool. Airport Express is configured as a client in my (sitecom) wireless network.
Other clients like my Macbook, Iphone or Noxon streaming player never disconnect.
I have configured TCP/IP manually now without DHCP and put a fixed IP in the router and it is a bit more stable now... but still disconnects.
Tried different channels, anything that could interfere is far away and the AE is situated 3 meters from the router...
I've been searching the internet for 5 hours now and have found loads of comparable cases since 2008 till now.... but no solution.
Howcome all the Apple devices are always so 'at ease' with connecting to a wireless network and their own Airport Express is not?
Anybody a (real) solution that goes further than putting your network higher in the list, changing channels, switching between WEP/WPA2, dropping DHCP, switching on/off, returning your router to your ISP, putting cables between everything, and throwing your microwave out?
Thnx.

Message was edited by: yesthisismydesiredalias

Airport Express keeps losing connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.