Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Thumbnail Bug?

I just noticed a strange Photo album thumbnail display bug on both my iPhone and iPad runnign 4.2.1. If I save a PNG file (which has a transparent background) to my album, the thumbnail on the iPad shows the PNG image overlapping an image I have previously deleted. If I save more images off the internet that either have transparency or are narrow, the thumbnails keep showing the images overlapping previously deleted images. On the iPhone, the thumbnail itself shows up correctly, but the thumbnail of the image on the Albums page shows the same overlap issue.

I assume this is widespread since it occurs on both my iPad and iPhone. I have reported it through feedback, but thought I would mention it here as well to assure myself this is on all iOS devices. Seems like a potential lack of security, if perhaps you deleted an image you didn't want anyone to see, then it shows up in the thumbnails, overlapped, but still clear enough to see.

iPhone 4 & iPad, iOS 4

Posted on Jan 4, 2011 11:22 AM

4 replies

Mar 12, 2011 9:01 PM in response to Elzlaik

I have encountered the same issue. This is problematic for me because I had been capturing PNG images of confidential medical documents (using the "home+sleep" screen cap function) for brief reviewing of key patient information. Even in the small thumbnails it is possible to identify some personal information when these ghost images appear behind new thumbnails. There should be some way to dump old thumbnails or prevent their storage after being "deleted" altogether.

Photo Thumbnail Bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.