Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting CalDav MobileMe Calendar

I have my personal MobileMe calendars syncing on my work computer through iCal. I want to remove the accounts from iCal now, but want to make sure it won't delete or effect my main MobileMe calendars online. I get the notice:

"Deleting the account "xxxxxx@me.com" will remove all references to the calendars in the account. This operation can't be undone."

Does this mean it will delete my calendars off of me.com? Please help.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Jan 4, 2011 11:38 AM

2 replies

Nov 16, 2018 12:05 PM in response to joelbeukelman

if you remove calenders or events from a CaDav calender, it will delete them from other calenders.

If you want to keep them in iCal at work, but not sync'd, drag them from the server account to the 'on my mac' account.

Jan 5, 2011 2:13 PM in response to joelbeukelman

If I understand your question correctly, I think you are asking if you delete the account (not events) will it delete them from your other computers that are syncing through MobileMe.

The answer is no. You can safely delete the account from iCal preferences, as long as you have synced to make sure any changes made on that computer have had a chance to sync up to MobileMe.

What the other poster is referring to is if you delete an event from a synced calendar then it will be deleted from other computers/devices that are also syncing. I don't believe this is what you are asking.

I just want to amend this. If you delete calendars directly from the ical calendar list, you will delete them on other syncing computers and devices. You must go to iCal preferences on your computer and delete the account to be safe.

Message was edited by: DLR

Deleting CalDav MobileMe Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.