Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Light Table - poor images

I am using a light table to t ry some photo layouts.
However the quality of the photos when viewed I
From the table are ver poor, very fuzzy even when only zoomed in a little.
The actual photos themselves are RAW shot with a 5D and are perfect so cannot understand the image in the light table.
Any thoughts out there on this?

Cheers

MacPro 2007 model, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 2 x Dual Core Intel, 6GB RAM , FCS 2

Posted on Jan 5, 2011 4:40 AM

7 replies

Jan 5, 2011 8:01 AM in response to Colin Lahana

Hi Colin,

Have you looked in the project from which you put your photos into your light table? Do they look fuzzy there, too? Where "are they perfect?"

If you are using Aperture 3, here's another thought: Did you JUST import them? If Aperture was still working, it may have finished the first stage of importing (I.e., copying files, etc), but it may have been working on making thumbnails. You may see the gear going and if you look at the activity list, you might have seen "processing." Before that process is finished, you will likely see very low-res JPG thumbnails that your camera embedded in the RAW files.

nathan

Jan 5, 2011 12:40 PM in response to Mr Endo

Hi Nathan, thanks for the response.

The images have been present for some time. They are fine.
This particular library was on my MacBook Pro and I have just copied it over to my Macpro.
I tried to regenerate the previews but A3 said they didn't need updating.
The view of any image is fine in their individual Projects, Viewer, Browser, Full screen and zoom.
The images in the Light Table Browser are also fine.
Just the light table itself is a problem

So a bit of a mystery.
Cheers

Jan 5, 2011 5:18 PM in response to Colin Lahana

Colin,

I can confirm the same behavior as soon as I use 'zoom to fit'. Images look okay when originally dragged to full size table (but are too small to really work with in detail).

The images as seen in viewer and browser are as they should be.

If I 'zoom to fit' on an image (that is now pixelated / blurry) I can call up the Loupe and the image looks fine under loupe.

Deleting preference list and cache files made no difference, nor did updating / generating previews help either.

Will send a bug report tonight.

BTW - I have 8 GB RAM and the nVidia 8800 GT card which have served me well. 😉

Jan 6, 2011 12:13 PM in response to CorkyO2

Hi Corky

Thanks for the prompt response.

My images are garbage regardless of whether they are zoomed or not only it is less noticeable when zoomed right out.
I haven't used the light table much but recall on other occasions it being fine. On reflection though it may have been A2.
If it is a common issue and given the length of time A3 has been out then I am very surprised that it hasn't been raised in this forum yet although I guess there is always a first time.
What happens when you raise a " bug" report?
Cheers

Colin

Jan 6, 2011 12:27 PM in response to Colin Lahana

You use the 'Aperture menu > Aperture Feedback' item to load the page.

You then select the type of feedback (in this case a 'Bug Report') from one of the drop-downs and type in your issue (I usually link to a thread when possible).

There are a number of technical drop-down lists for machine, OS, version, etc. and then submit.

Although I don't work for Apple, I know that typically; the reports are viewed by the software team and prioritized by quantity of received reports for the same and they usually try to reproduce the issue.

If they can reproduce the issue easily and consistently, it should go on the list for fixes in the next update (if possible).

Note - I agree that this may be isolated to just us, but I do not run anything modified (pretty much vanilla settings with all software) so I reported it to at least get it looked at. 😉

Light Table - poor images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.