Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

when i connect my iPhone to my iMac the iPhone only appears in itunes ??

1866 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2011 11:29 AM by Tim Harbison1 RSS
Owenuk Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 5, 2011 11:10 AM
hi, i have an iphone 4 and when i connect it to my imac it appears on itunes devices list, but it does not show up on my mac desktop, need help,
Apple IMac 2010, Mac OS X (10.6.5), Apple iOS 4.2
  • Allan Sampson Level 10 Level 10 (122,145 points)
    The iPhone won't show up on your Desktop or via the Finder as a connected external hard drive since the iPhone does not support disk mode. The iPhone does appear as a connected device via Windows Explorer with Windows for transferring photos/videos from the Camera Roll only. With a Mac, iPhoto or the Image Capture application can be used for this.
     MacBook Pro 15" Intel Core 2 Duo/2.53GHz/4GB RAM/500GB HD, Mac OS X (10.6.5),  iPod w/Video 30GB,  iPhone 4 32GB
  • Tim Harbison1 Level 1 Level 1 (90 points)
    It's not supposed to show up on your desktop... only in iTunes. It can't be used as a removable storage device. The only exception is it should appear in iPhoto as it's viewed by it as a camera.
    17" iMac Core2Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.5), iPhone 3G, iPad WiFi 16GB

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.