Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i connect my iPhone to my iMac the iPhone only appears in itunes ??

hi, i have an iphone 4 and when i connect it to my imac it appears on itunes devices list, but it does not show up on my mac desktop, need help,

Apple IMac 2010, Mac OS X (10.6.5), Apple iOS 4.2

Posted on Jan 5, 2011 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2011 11:28 AM

The iPhone won't show up on your Desktop or via the Finder as a connected external hard drive since the iPhone does not support disk mode. The iPhone does appear as a connected device via Windows Explorer with Windows for transferring photos/videos from the Camera Roll only. With a Mac, iPhoto or the Image Capture application can be used for this.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2011 11:28 AM in response to Owenuk

The iPhone won't show up on your Desktop or via the Finder as a connected external hard drive since the iPhone does not support disk mode. The iPhone does appear as a connected device via Windows Explorer with Windows for transferring photos/videos from the Camera Roll only. With a Mac, iPhoto or the Image Capture application can be used for this.

when i connect my iPhone to my iMac the iPhone only appears in itunes ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.