Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I keep getting 'ax.init.itunes.apple.com:80

This annoying little box flashes up about 3 times, sometimes when I try to connect to Wi-Fi, sometimes when I try to connect (unsuccessfully) to App Store. It has space for Username and Password, but these don't seem to work when entered. I just keep cancelling out of the box and eventually it disappears. What's going on?
Thanks

iPad, Other OS, haven't yet upgraded to OS4

Posted on Jan 6, 2011 2:46 AM

5 replies

Apr 15, 2011 2:27 PM in response to suzfly

I was dealing with the same issue on my iPhone4.

Try this, it worked for me and let me know if it works for you too:

Go to SETTINGS, then select GENERAL, then select RESET, then select RESET NETWORK SETTING. Do not reset any other options.

Now back out by pressing your HOME button and then select GENERAL, then select WI-FI and select your network and then renter your network password (if necessary).

Hope this helps... Hit me back & Let me know.

Aug 15, 2011 2:23 PM in response to suzfly

I got the same thing on my iPhone.. it was related to iTunes trying to use my WiFi to connect to the internet. At the time, I was acutally connected to my work WiFi, which occasionally times out and requires a new security login. By loading my browser and re-logging in, WiFi was now working and the password request from iTunes went away..

Why do I keep getting 'ax.init.itunes.apple.com:80

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.