Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto imported/recovered photos error

I am experiencing an error in that each time I open up iPhoto it tells me that i have 67 photos that were not imported during a previous occasion and it asks me whether i wish to import them now. If I click yes, nothing happens. If i click no, it says that the photos will be saved in a Recovered Photos folder in Pictures. The problem is that this Recovered Photos folders appears EVERY time, regardless of whether I click yes or no. And every time I open iPhoto I get exactly the same problem. If i open iPhoto 20 times, i will get 20 versions of the Recovered Photos folder - and none will have any photos in it.

iPhoto Help tells me that this may have occurred if there had been a disruption whilst transferring photos at some stage and suggests moving the offending folder to the desktop then trying to open iPhoto again. I have tried this but NOTHING HELPS!

Please can anyone suggest how to fix this, get around this or how to turn this feature off - it is driving me mad seeing this error message every single time, and having numerous versions of that folder turn up in my Pictures.

Thanks in advance!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Jan 6, 2011 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2011 3:40 PM

Go to your Pictures Folder and find the iPhoto Library there. Right (or Control-) Click on the icon and select 'Show Package Contents'. A finder window will open with the Library exposed.

Look there for a Folder called 'Import' or 'Importing'.

Drag it to the Desktop. *Make no other changes*.

Start iPhoto. Does that help?

If it does then look inside that folder on your desktop. Does it contain anything you want? If not you can trash the folder.

Regards

TD
14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2011 3:40 PM in response to Dana21

Go to your Pictures Folder and find the iPhoto Library there. Right (or Control-) Click on the icon and select 'Show Package Contents'. A finder window will open with the Library exposed.

Look there for a Folder called 'Import' or 'Importing'.

Drag it to the Desktop. *Make no other changes*.

Start iPhoto. Does that help?

If it does then look inside that folder on your desktop. Does it contain anything you want? If not you can trash the folder.

Regards

TD

Jan 6, 2011 9:01 PM in response to Dana21

Hi - if I can re open this.
I am experiencing the same problem when opening Iphoto. I get a message that "6 photos have been found in the iPhoto Library that were not imported"
I followed the instructions and dragged the imported folder to the desktop, opened it ( nothing in it ), then moved it to the trash. The message however has not gone away when I open I Photo.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Jan 6, 2011 9:06 PM in response to nursejano

OK - one more update.
I was not following the instructions properly. I was copying out the auto import...not the import.
Now that I dragged theimport out - the message does not appear. Thank You

One more question. When I open the IMport there are a ton of pictures in there and 3 sub directories. Data, Modified & Original. Are these pictures that were not imported?

Jan 23, 2011 1:36 PM in response to Yer_Man

I have the same problem as described above. When I find the iPhoto icon in the pictures folder I can not find an "import" folder inside it. I can't seem to right click on it either to "show the package contents" 😟. I've even searched for the "import" and "importing" folder through the search function and it's not there. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Oct 15, 2012 3:39 PM in response to jlhjhkjhjhjkh

There are 9 different versions of iPhoto and they run on eight different versions of the Operating System. The tricks and tips for dealing with issues vary from version to version and OS to OS. So before anyone can help, they need information to work with. Things like:

- What version of iPhoto.

- What version of the Operating System.

- Details. What were you doing when the problem arose?

- Did it ever work properly?

- Are there error messages?

- What steps have you tried already to solve the issue.

Anything else you can think of that might allow someone else to understand your issue.

iPhoto imported/recovered photos error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.