Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow Video Loading iPod 4g

When I connect to wi-fi from home I have clean access to safari, itunes, appstore, etc. The only issues I am having right now is the slow load times for the youtube app. I even go directly to the youtube website from Safari and its the same thing. I can see the loading icon doing its thing but the video hardly loads. I can start playing the video but it will stop after 2-3 seconds to load more.

I have an older Android phone that can connect to my wi-fi as well and youtube videos load perfectly on it in high quality. But then when I try the iPod, it just poor performance. Is there something I can do in settings to help this issue or do anything within the router settings? Like I said, both devices connected to the same wi-fi and the iPod basically doesnt load while the phone loads immediately.

i-Pod Touch 4g, iOS 4

Posted on Jan 6, 2011 3:43 PM

8 replies

Jan 8, 2011 3:42 PM in response to bobquin2521

Since your touch doesn't use Flash, it connects to a different part of youtube than you would with your computer or phone. That website can get so much traffic that it can slow down or it is possible that Google is doing maintenance. The "slow youtube" complaint pops up every so often and we can find nothing to suggest it is a touch problem.

Slow Video Loading iPod 4g

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.