I have the exact same problem. On a pre iOS 4.2.1 iPhone and 3G iPad I could connect to Exchange without any problems. After upgrading to iOS 4.2.1 and the iPad 2 I can configure an Exchange 2010 SP1 account and verify without a problem. However when attempt to connect to the inbox I immediately receive an error that it cannot connect to the server.
Have you had any luck resolving this issue?
I have the same/similar issue, our office just upgraded to Exchange 2010 SP1 along with moving to a new domain.
Deleted old exchange "profile" on 4.3.3 (8J2) iPhone, created new Exchaage account which verifies OK , but after that will never connect to the Exchange server.
Error is " The connection to the server failed"
Several other user with iOS 4.3.3 have the same problem - other iphone users who are pre iOS4.3.3 can connect with out any problems
This happened to me sometime late last week or over the weekend. Not sure if it's on the apple side or if I need to get work IT involved. Anyone figure out what the core issue was? My exchage email was working fine for several month and just one day stopped connecting. I deleted the account, added it again and it verified, but won't connect when I click on the inbox.
I have a non-apple phone that seems to still pull my company email fine with the same server settings.
Ok, I have managed to fix the problem on my iPhone and several others in the offfice along with a couple of iPads.
We got an "ExchangeDiagnosticProfile" from Apple.(Not sure if I am allowed to post this, but if you get in touch with Apple support they can send it to you, but its not really needed for the fix.)
Installed this on my iPhone, tried to sync e-mail with Exchange.
Saved the log files - and synced them with iTunes to get them on my PC.
In looking in the logs I found this
ASFolderSyncTask failed: ErrorDomain=DAErrorDomain Code=110 "The operation couldn’t be completed.(DAErrorDomain error 110.)"
Searched the internet saw a couple of articles about certificates but nothing specific.
Thought I would login in to OWA from the iPhone via Safari to see if it would download a new certificate, nothing happened
As we have just upgraded to Exchange 2010 the are some new options - in particular I saw "See all options" under which there is an option for "phone"
Saw that there were 3 entries , thought what have I got to loose, delete them all. (As I only have one iPone that connects to my work Exchange, others with more devices my wish to check which ones they delete)
Delete exchange profile oniPhone – re-create and it all worked.
- Login in to OWA on my PC
- Delete any mobile phones that appear under “Options”
- Delete exchange account on iPhone
- Re-create exchange account on iPhone
Hope this works for others.
I was able to go thru the account add and verify process. The exchange account was verified and was added. However when I went to email app on iPad it threw the server connect error. The fix was that my IT department had to explicitly add my iPad serial number as an authorized device against my exchange account. Once they did that it worked fine. Nothing I did on iPad would have fixed this, the IT dept had to do it on their side.
I realize this is an older thread, but I discovered another potential solution to this problem that some may find helpful. I think this is particularly relevant if your exchange server has been upgraded at some point during its lifetime.
- Open Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Click View , and then click Advanced Features. Note To make the Security tab available at both the user level and the organizational unit level, you must enable the Advanced Features option in Active Directory Users and Computers. This option is available under the View menu.
- Open the properties for both the user level and the organizational unit level that the users are located in, and then locate the Security tab.
- Click Advanced.
- Make sure that the following check box is selected: "Allow inheritable permissions from the parent to propagate to this object and all child objects". Include these with entries explicitly defined here.
- Force Active Directory replication.
I hope someone else finds this as useful as I did.