5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2013 10:25 AM by eehau Branched to a new discussion.
TommieJ Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Is there a way to print an iCal calendar in portrait mode instead of landscape mode?
  • 1. Re: Printing calendar in Portrait Mode
    WestTXisGr8 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Yes there is. It's an odd way to do it, but it seems to be the only option.
    Bring up your calendar and click "Print". Under "Paper" option change it from "US Letter" to "CD or DVD 120 mm". You will get a big yellow triangle with ! in it.

Now switch the paper back to "US Letter". Your calendar comes back in portrait mode and will print this way. You have to do this every time. It will always default back to landscape when you are done printing. I haven't tried printing directly to printer, I print mine to .pdf and then send them later to the printer once I make sure it's how I want it to look. Has worked like a charm so far!
  • 2. Re: Printing calendar in Portrait Mode
    Thanks for your suggestion. However, my iCal does not have the "CD or DVD" option. It may be that my version is older than yours. I'll check some of the other options in "Paper" to see if any of them will work.
  • 3. Re: Printing calendar in Portrait Mode
    I tried the other options, but have not found any that will work.
  • 4. Re: Printing calendar in Portrait Mode
    jamminsammin Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi TommieJ and all others that wanted to figure this one out,

This one plagued me as well and through 15 different threads giving old info that is no longer relevant I finally figued it out.

You need to create an 8.5x8.5 paper size.  From Safari or most any program (except calendar) select print.  In the printer options there is a pull down menu called "paper size".  It's most likely already selected "US Leter".  Select "Mange Custom Sizes" and create a new paper size.  Call it whatever you want.  Make the paper size 8.5in x 8.5in and hit okay.

What you are doing is tricking the progam with this option lest WestTXisGr8 mentioned.  But that option is no longer available so you have to create your own.  If you made a 8.5 in wide by 11 tall paper size it would still set it up in landscape.  When you select your new square option it throws it off and forces everything into a 8.5 inch wide page.  Now go back to the paper size pull down menu and select US letter.  Don't know why, but it now lays eveything out in portrait mode.  You will need to select your square paper size first and then the US letter size everytime you want to print in portrait.

I hope this helps.

• 5. Re: Printing calendar in Portrait Mode
    eehau Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you so much!  I have been trying to figure out how to do this, and this works.