Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Created Date incorrect

I'm new to this application. When I import photos, either from the camera or card, and look at the meta data the last modified date is correct and matches the time the picture was taken, but aperture is displaying the "created date" incorrectly making it a few hours earlier. I have checked the time zone pull down and they are set correctly.

I'm going to have to change dates manually forever, if I can't determine what I'm doing wrong. Anyone have an idea?

Steve

Mac Pro (2009) 2.66G Dual and MBP 2.53G Late 2008, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 24" Display setup

Posted on Jan 6, 2011 9:41 PM

19 replies

Jan 9, 2011 10:53 AM in response to Steve Morris

Jumping in here late so pardon me if some of my questions are repetitive.

Aperture shows three dates. There's the EXIF date which comes from the camera there's the *Date Created:* from the IPTC data which is initially set to the EXIF date if its not being overridden and then there is the *Last Modified Date:* which Aperture itself sets and maintains.

So of the three which are correct/incorrect?

Message was edited by: Frank Caggiano

Jan 14, 2011 6:31 PM in response to Steve Morris

# Go to the metadata tab of the library inspector.
# In the metadata view pulldown go to edit
# in the metadata views window click the gear at the bottom, select *new view* a new view named untitled is created

with the untitled view selected

# open EXIF, select date
# open IPTC, open Image select *Date Created*
# open Aperture select *Last Modified Date*
# select OK

You now have a view with just the three dates in Aperture. Select the view and select an image.
Which date(s) are wrong which are right? Can you take a screen shot and post it.

Steve Morris wrote:
Help me out, how would I find "Metadata on import" settings?

If you open the Import view on the left hand side is a block *Metadata Presets* if it's not visible go to the top of the window to *Import Settings* and select *Metadata Presets* If you open the pulldown and go to edit you can see if anything is being applied.

Created Date incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.