Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to insert Definite Integral symbol?

Hi there, I'm trying to input a definite integral symbol where I can type in the lower and upper limits. I've only found the basic integral symbol under edit > special characters.

Thanks!

Macbook Pro 13" 2010, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jan 7, 2011 8:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2011 11:31 PM

You'll need the application MathType to do this. The application is "supported" in Pages.

In Pages go to Insert > click on MathType Equation and it'll start > write your integral symbol > File > Close and return to Pages (is a menu option) > the equation is now in Pages.

The company Design Science has a trial version of MathType.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2011 11:31 PM in response to orikie

You'll need the application MathType to do this. The application is "supported" in Pages.

In Pages go to Insert > click on MathType Equation and it'll start > write your integral symbol > File > Close and return to Pages (is a menu option) > the equation is now in Pages.

The company Design Science has a trial version of MathType.

Jan 9, 2011 3:30 AM in response to orikie

orikie

As has already been pointed out there is no difficulty obtaining a definite integral sign if you use MathType.

In fact, when you click on the appropriate symbol in MathType's packed toolbar you will discover that most types of definite integrals are catered for - not just the simplest: (in words) the integral of F(x)dx from x equals a to x equals b.

As for the positioning of the limits, you can adjust their vertical positions relative to the integral sign by experimenting with Sizes. NB assign everything whose sizes you dont to vary to a size assigned as per "Other" Also, if you wish, you can also move them sideways to suit.

Bruce's son

How to insert Definite Integral symbol?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.