Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video Track in new sequence 50% smaller.

Dear Folks,
I have edited a concert which has four simultaneous video tracks. I have cut and placed in the the V1 track, sections from each of the four camera clips, and it plays "normally" when play it back in the canvas; one shot transitions to another.

I started a new sequence (Sequence 2) to act as a "working copy" of the edited video, and copied all of the tracks of the original timeline into the new sequence. I clicked on the original edited sequence>hit "Select All" >"Copy"> clicked on the new sequence> then "Paste".

When I go to play back the V1 on the new sequence, one of the video tracks (V4) is reduced to about %50, and appears as a smaller rectangle that is centered against a black background.

When I copy and paste onto the original sequence (beginning about 10 seconds after the end of the original edited video), it retains the full size frame for each of the video tracks.

I could go to the Sequence 2 and manually resize each of the "V4" tracks in the timeline, but that seems a bit tedious with 300+ edited shots.

Is there something I can do differently? Is it some glitch in the system?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

iMac 27" i7, Mac OS X (10.6.2), Two OWC 250 GB 400 Firewire Drives; 1 OWC 1TB 800 Firewire drive; Sony HC 9

Posted on Jan 8, 2011 12:06 AM

4 replies

Jan 8, 2011 9:37 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks Tom,

The camera used on V4 is identical to the model camera used on V2, both record to AVCHD, however, one was recorded in "HD HQ" and the other recorded in "HD FH."
Might that be the problem? (Did I just answer my own question?)

If so, why then do all four tracks play in full screen on the original timeline (Sequence 1), but when I copy and paste to Sequence 2, V4 "shrinks" to 50%?

Also, "Removing Attributes" didn't seem to change anything. There was nothing in the "Removing Attributes" window to deselect.

Message was edited by: Gary Markovich

Video Track in new sequence 50% smaller.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.