Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recover data from waterdamage iphone?

My iphone now just working on wall charger for 5 minutes then restarting again
I try to fix it but every one tells me no chance, anyway i have bought new one

All what i need is ( how to recover my data on my old iphone )
It is not working if i charge it with my laptop ( apple logo flashing )
but it work on wall charger !
By the way no wifi no bluetooth no gsm on my old one after waterdamge

Any help or idea will be thankful

Iphone 4, iOS 4

Posted on Jan 8, 2011 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2017 6:44 AM

Not everyone syncs their phone to thier computer. So the data they could be talking about is everything, photos etc that they haven't got backed up on any other devices. If they had it all on their computer, pretty sure they wouldn't be asking this question.

16 replies

May 29, 2017 6:49 AM in response to EmmaLeeRee

EmmaLeeRee wrote:

Not everyone syncs their phone to thier computer. So the data they could be talking about is everything, photos etc that they haven't got backed up on any other devices. If they had it all on their computer, pretty sure they wouldn't be asking this question.

You're responding to a six year old posts. At that point, yes, back ups were on computers. And the OP indicated they had a Mac that they were connecting the iPhone to. Now, you do have the option of also backing up to iCloud.

May 29, 2017 7:23 AM in response to EmmaLeeRee

EmmaLeeRee wrote:

Not everyone syncs their phone to thier computer.

Everyone who believes their data are valuable backs them up or syncs content somewhere. Anyone who doesn't back up data (whether it be an iPhone, any other smartphone, tablet, iPad, iPod, their computer, their important papers) is essentially saying that they have no data of value. Because every form of data storage, going back to papyrus scrolls and stone tablets, is vulnerable to loss or damage.

Apple, realizing that, gives you multiple ways of backing up data from their products. iPhones can back up to a computer or to iCloud. They can also sync to multiple devices through iCloud and 3rd party products such as Dropbox, box.com, upthere.com, Google Photos, etc. Macs come with built in backup; all you need to do is connect an external drive and a Mac will automatically start backing up your computer to the drive every hour.

There are multiple 3rd party automatic backup products for Windows computers and for Linux. And for Android phones, Windows phones, and all other smartphones. There are 3rd party remote backup computer solutions such as Amazon S3, Carbonite, Livedrive, etc. that will work with any computer.

The tools are all there to sync and backup iPhones and all other computing devices. Anyone who doesn't take advantage of the wide range of backup and sync options puts themselves at risk for data loss.

Jan 8, 2011 7:28 AM in response to Sjuriyan

What data?

Everything should be on your computer. The iphone is designed to be synced regularly with your computer.

Contacts and calendar items should be in whatever program you chose to sync.

Music/vids/etc should be in itunes.

Pics should be in your computer.

You can set up the new iphone from the old iphone backup:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2109

What data are you looking for?

Sep 20, 2011 2:24 PM in response to Ramsi

It may be late for some owners, but water damaged ipods / itouches don't usually become completely damaged until you try to turn on the device without allowing the device to dry up, in any case it is best to take it to a place where they may be able to open the device properly and remove the battery, dry the components and then test it to make sure it is working properly. If that is not an option put the device in rice, or silica gel, or any other type of dissicant you can find and allow it to absorb water and moisture from the device before attempting to plug-in or power on the device, doing so while the device is still wet will result in more damage, to your device as well as a possible fire and or toxic hazard. Final note, DO NOT turn on or attempt to use a device that was just recently submerged in water, it applies to any electronic. If the batteries are accecible, try to remove them immediately, and always use caution with electronics that use high volate, it would NOT be a good idea to try and remove those devices from water without taking proper safety measures.

Dec 10, 2013 4:06 AM in response to Sjuriyan

Everything should be on your computer. The iphone is designed to be synced regularly with your computer. And here are the list you can recover data from water damaged iPhone

Contacts and calendar items should be in whatever program you chose to sync.

Music/vids/etc should be in itunes.

Pics should be in your computer.

You can set up the new iphone from the old iphone backup:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2109

Dec 10, 2013 4:06 AM in response to vanrichie

When you iPhone was broken or damaged water, you should be careful to recover data on iPhone.

1. Fish your iPhone out of the water as quickly as possible.

2. Dry it off with a towel or something similar. If it is still on, turn it off immediately. Note: running power through wet electronics can damage them beyond repair.

3. Remove the battery, SIM card etc off the phone. If possible, remove the rear glass panel too. Apple uses two special 5-point Pentalobe screws to secure the back.

There are two solution for you restore lost data from broken iPhone,you can recover iPhone file from iTunes backup; or restore data from iPhone directly. What’s more,this ios data recovery enable you to recover iPhone photos, videos, contact and messages which are missing or deleted accidently.

<Link Edited By Host>

Dec 30, 2013 7:42 PM in response to Sjuriyan

I was really in depressed mood when my iPhone fell into water and damaged. And lot of my valuable data are inside it. Luckily, I finally resolved this question. Here is how it works:

Step 1 Launch iOS Data Recovery for Windows

Provided that you have a third-party tool

Step 2 Scan your water damaged iPhone

Step 3 Preview and recover data from water damaged iPhone

I got all of my data back ultimately.

Jan 5, 2014 6:21 PM in response to Sjuriyan

As I known, there are two ways to recover data from waterdamage iPhone, one is from the iTunes backup files, another one is recover them directly from the iPhone with the help of iPhone Data Recovery.

There are Two solutions to recover iPhone data:

Solution 1: Directly scan and recover data from iPhone

Step 1: Run the program and connect your iPhone

Step 2: Download a plug-in separately for your iPhone 4

Step 3: Enter the device's scanning mode and scan it

Step 4: Preview and recover iPhone data

Solution 2: Scan and extract iTunes backup to recover iPhone data

Step 1: Choose iTunes backup and scan it

Step 2: Recover deleted iPhone data

Tips: After recovering data and save them on your computer, you can transfer the restored data from computer to iPhone again with iPhone to Computer Transfer.

<Link Edited by Host>

Feb 9, 2015 2:06 PM in response to Sjuriyan

Sjuriyan wrote:

All what i need is ( how to recover my data on water damage iPhone )

The most important thing people forget is to not use the device when it gets wet.

They get impatient and try and turn it on.

I say this, because if you have been trying to use it and it won't turn on. It's probably dead.

Throw it in some rice and let it sit for like 4 days or so. turning it over every 24 hours and changing the rice out when you do that.

If it won't turn on, no there is no way to get the data off. It's dead, so no power, no way to get it off.

<Link Edited by Host>

Feb 9, 2015 2:04 PM in response to Sjuriyan

Sjuriyan wrote:

All what i need is ( how to recover my data on my old iphone )

Let it dry for at least 2 more days and don't try to turn it on, the battery is depleted.

When two more days have past connect it to your wall charger. Let it charge for at least 30 minutes. While it is still connected to the charger reset it (hold down the sleep and home buttons, ignore the red Off slider, wait for the Apple logo, let go of the buttons), it might take several tries.

When it revives connect it to your computer and get all of your data from it.

<Link Edited by Host>

recover data from waterdamage iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.